- New Techroad model added to Renault Duster Range.
- It’s available only in 4×2 configuration with the 1.5-litre turbodiesel engine.
- Renault says over 21 000 have been sold in South Africa since 2013.
Renault is adding a new derivative to its Duster compact SUV range. The Techroad model slots in above the entry-level Expression and is only available in 4×2 configuration.
For 2020, the French carmaker has introduced the Techroad derivative, a manual version retails for R316 900 and an automatic version for R350 900.
The Techroad employs the willing 1.5-litre turbodiesel engine in two versions. In the 4×2 version with a manual gearbox the engine has outputs of 66kW and 210Nm while the 4×2 EDC produces 80kW and 250Nm.
The Techroad is fitted with standard equipment such as a rear-view camera, 17-inch diamond cut alloy wheels, silver roof rails, and front and rear skid plates.
The TechRoad’s strong exterior is enhanced by distinctive bespoke badging, black shiny door mirrors and patterned stripping on the side doors, with the new Iron Blue colour bound to be a popular choice. Inside, there with blue trim detailing on the seats and striking blue design accents within the cabin, while the 478-litre boot is class-leading.
In South Africa the Duster has proved to be extremely popular with over 21 000 units sold to date since 2013.
Standard across Renault’s entire product range, the Techroad comes with a five-year or 150 000km mechanical warranty and a six-year anti-corrosion warranty. Services take place at 15 000km intervals, and a standard three-year or 45 000km service plan applies.
- 1.6 Expression 4×2 – R278 900
- 1.5 dCi TechRoad 4×2 – R316 900
- 1.5 dCi TechRoad EDC 4×2 – R350 900
- 1.5 dCi Dynamique 4×4 – R350 900
- 1.5 dCi Prestige EDC 4×2 – R363 900
- Metallic paint – R2 522
- Leather seats (model dependent) – R10 088